The Liebster Award
Despite a pretty crappy start to the New Year, I was delighted to find that the artofstumbling had nominated me for the Liebster Award.
As part of the Liebster Award, nominees are required to make nominations for the blogs they feel should be recognised.
“The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The word ” Liebster” comes from German and can mean the sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, most beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
- Thank the person who nominated you. Thanks artofstumbling. Made my day 🙂
- When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure you notify the blogger that you nominated them!)
- You write up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your own blog!
Eleven Random Facts:
- I came ‘out’ twice! once at 16, (then crawled back in the closet due to a conservative home town) and once again at university.
- I ran into a boy at school who was wearing glasses and when he pulled away the glasses were stuck in the side of my head!
- I have two adorable cats
- I recently discovered I have a diminished ovarian reserve.
- I have my NRA marksman
- I have trekked to Mt Everest Base Camp
- I was one of the main characters on a TV programme as a child.
- I am terrified of boats
- I eat crumpets upside down, because I dont like all the dots
- Monsters inc. is my fave kids film.
- I am obsessed with shoes!
My nominees and my new questions for my nominees:
1. 2cagedbirds (for her brutally honest love, that I pray she can one day have openly)
2. Stormsilvermane (for his friendship)
3. QueerLandia (for their amazing pledge to bring current news, opinions and information to the LGBT community
4. TillyJean (for her always interesting feminist thoughts)
5. Verbalbanter (for always being strong and surviving no matter what)
6. Gaybymama (for their wonderful family and stories)
7. saradraws (cause she makes me laugh)
8. KiraMoore (for her journey and beautiful poetry)
9. D.C (for writing a fascinating blog about being gay and African)
10. JacquiMurray (for always inspiring me to write on)
11. Dearbutchlovefemme (because I love everything about this blog, its humour, and truthfulness!)
1. What’s your favourite book?
virtually impossible to answer, I love loads top two: Day of the triffids and the solitare mystery
2. Your favourite film?
even harder, top three, house of flying daggers, the last samurai and the matrix.
3. Do you have any nicknames?
yes, but if i told you id have to kill you!
4. Do you play any musical instruments?
Not any more, I played the Cello for 7 years, played the piano, and violin, tinkled with the guitar.
5. Have you ever had surgery?
wisdom teeth removed thats about it…
6. What’s your favourite food?
7. What are you afraid of?
spiders, boats and tiny dots!
8. What’s your proudest moment?
Probably reaching Mt Everest Base Camp on my trek, or getting a first class degree.
9. Your favourite item of clothing?
I own 17 black tank tops, and I love every single one! (and my Kurt Geiger heels!)
10. Your favourite song?
anything dubstep. currently like the gemini remix of Ed Sheerans ‘you need me i dont need you’
11. Favourite TV show?
L word or the west wing
11 New questions for them. (And anyone else who wants to answer, just because they are that fun! and I’m interested in your answers)
1. If you could only visit one country where would it be?
2. If you could eat one food for the rest of your life, with no ill effects what would it be?
3. fave TV series
4. why do you blog/write?
5. whats the dream you still havent fulfilled yet?
6. who did you hurt that you never meant to and what did you do?
7. most inspirational novel you’ve read and why did it inspire you?
8. If you were a super hero who would you be?
9. What three words describe you?
10. whats the one thing guaranteed to cheer you up when your down?
11. whats the craziest thing you have ever done?