You there, reading this…
I need your help.
I’ve had an idea. I know. I know. Finish the chuffing books you’re working on first. But you know I can’t help myself. Besides, this is for research purposes only…I won’t write a word until at least one of my other books is finished…honest.
Have you ever, or do you currently have a problem with your writing?
It could be ANYTHING. From pesky crutch words, to not being able to blend between scenes or chapters. Maybe you just can’t get your character arc right. Or perhaps its dialogue that plagues you. Is it the outline? The synopsis? Or just plain old fight scenes that bug you.
Whatever your writing woe/s, I am desperate to find out.
Sometimes I sit down at my computer ready to smash out words. Confident I am going to write the next war and peace. Then this happens:
Roughly four seconds later I commence a bit of this:
This can take a while… But eventually, I will stay sane long enough to bitch slap my angry puffer fish impression back into check. Sadly, the psychotic break usually ends me looking something like this:
Is it just me, or does this happen to every writer? Alright, maybe in a little less extreme way. But if you ever get even a hint of frustrated with your manuscript I need to know.
I need a list of at least 100 common problems. That’s a lot, so if you know any other writers, please tell them and ask them to drop me a line.
To business, I need 5 pieces of information from you:
- A description of your writing woe/s (you can have as many as you like, but please don’t just say #everything!)
- Specifics: Does it happen every time you write a story? Or was it just the once? But importantly, why is this a problem for you.
- Let me know whether or not you over came it, and if you did how.
- Whether you are a plotter, Pantser or somewhere in the middle (this is also important)
- Lastly, whether you would be willing to let me contact you further on this specific problem, if so, a contact of some variety for you.
If you don’t want to leave a comment on here, please drop me a line on:
Sachablack87 (AT) gmail (DOT) com
Bonus points to anyone who answers this question:
What do you define as writers block? Is it when you face a problem that takes an age to defeat, or is it the blankness of your mind?
Thank you in advance for helping me <3