Grab yourself a custom-signed physical hardback from Sacha.
Do your sentences fail to sound the way you want? Are they lackluster, with flat characters and settings? Is your prose full of bad habits and crutches?
In The Anatomy of Prose, you’ll discover:
- A step-by-step guide to creating descriptions that sing
- The key to crafting character emotions that will hook a reader
- How to harness all five senses to make your stories come alive, deepening your reader’s experience
- Tips and tricks for balancing details at the sentence level
- Methods for strengthening each sentence through strategic word choice, rhythm and flow
- Dozens of literary devices, and how to utilize them to give your prose power
- Tactics for differentiating characters in dialogue as well as making it punchy and unforgettable
- A comprehensive prose-specific self-editing check list
- How to embody your character’s personality at the sentence level
- The most common pitfalls and mistakes to avoid
The Anatomy of Prose is a comprehensive writing guide that will help you create sensational sentences. Whether you’re just starting out or are a seasoned writer, this book will power up your prose, eliminate line-level distractions and help you find the perfect balance of show and tell. By the end of this book, you’ll know how to strengthen your sentences to give your story, prose and characters the extra sparkle they need to capture a reader’s heart.
If you like dark humor, learning through examples and want to create perfect prose, then you’ll love Sacha Black’s guide to crafting sensational sentences. Read The Anatomy of Prose today and start creating kick-ass stories.