Hello Rebels, welcome to episode 213 of The Rebel Author Podcast. Today, I’m talking to Icy Sedgwick all about writing folklore inspired fiction.
In this episode we cover:
- How to leverage folklore in your narrative
- Using folklore as the basis of a fictional story
- Translating folklore into modern story
- Incorporating folklore without appropriating cultures
- Famous works that draw from folklore and mythology
This week’s question is: what do you do for fun that isn’t reading, writing or work?
Recommendation of the week is: Fourth Wing by Rebecca Yarros
***this show uses affiliate links
Find out more about Icy:
Rebel of the Week is: Emma
If you’d like to be a Rebel of the week please do send in your story, it can be any kind of rebellion. You can email your rebel story to email@example.com
1 new patron this week, welcome and thank you to Cara Clare. A big thank you to my existing patrons as well. If you’d like to support the show, and get early access to all the episodes as well as bonus content you can from as little as $2 a month by visiting: www.patreon.com/sachablack
THIS EPISODE IS SPONSORED BY KOBO WRITING LIFE