I firmly believe you can do anything you want to, if you’re willing to work for it. Last week saw me hand my notice in at the day job. I still can’t quite believe it. One minute I was staring down the barrel of eternity in my corporate ‘hellmare’, and the next I was sliding a piece of paper across the table with one neatly printed sentence.
‘Please accept this letter as my resignation’
For years I thought I’d never get to live the dream, and then just as suddenly, the tunnel of hellmare was gone and the writing world was beckoning. Don’t get me wrong, I still have to work my notice, but 1st of May 2019 is the first day of the rest of my life. More to the point, it means I’ll get to come back to more regular blogging too. Oh how I’ve missed you blog buddies.
I will write more about this week, not least because I’m sure you can have a good giggle at my rollercoaster of emotions. But also because there’s a considerable number of tips I’ve learned on this journey and I want to share them with you in the hope it helps you get to slide the same piece of paper across the office table toward your boss. But for now, I’m going to give you one single piece of advice.
If you do just one thing today, if you spend one pound on writing, then spend it on taking Mark Dawson’s Self-Publishing Formula 101.
Mark has two courses, Ads for Authors (which focuses on advertising methods) and SPF 101 which teaches you how to set up your writing business from the ground up. I’ve taken both.
Both have played an integral part of me leaving my job.
Mark’s courses are highly sort after and as a result, they’re only open a couple of times a year. Right now is one of those times, but be warned, the course is only open for sign ups for a few more days. Want to know more? Click the button below.
If you’re still not convinced, then here are three reasons why I love Mark’s courses:
- Once you sign up, it’s for life, no time limits, no expiry. All yours to study at your own pace.
- Mark doesn’t just give you the stated course content, he’s constantly adding mini modules and bonus features like tech tutorials.
- Unlike some courses, Mark constantly updates his materials, so if something changes in the industry, our course content is updated too.
SPF 101 is ideal if you want a complete grounding in how to build your writing career. Here’s what the course will teach you:
- How to format your books so they’re indistinguishable from traditionally published books
- How to upload them to all major platforms with step by step guides
- How to understand and maximise your metadata
- Find and capture your ideal readers (and more importantly, how to get them onto your mailing list)
- How to build the perfect automation sequence so that once you’ve captured your readers, you keep them
- Simple facebook advertising campaigns
AND MUCH MUCH MORE.
I’ve finally reached the accolade of full time writing and a huge part of that is thanks to Mark.
Still don’t believe me? Well I went on record and filmed a testimonial for their Ads for Authors course. You can see that here.
What are you waiting for?