The self-edit can be daunting. But it doesn’t need to be. Just like drafting, it’s another process, another part of the journey to publication. And one that is vitally important if you want to get the best product you can on the market.
This is a short post, one to recommend my friend the author and writing teacher, Joan Dempsey has launched an online master class on self-editing, which is open now and immediately available as soon as you enroll.
Why Would You Take a Self-Editing Course?
- You’ve completed a draft of your manuscript and don’t know where to beging to edit
- You feel daunted by the magnitude of work to will take to finish your manuscript
- You feel like editing won’t be nearly as much fun as writing your first draft
- You worry you don’t have what it takes to bring this project to completion
- You can’t imagine making order out of your shitty first draft
- You can’t wait to revise and want to learn everything you need to know to do it well
- You’re excited about enchancing the good work you’ve already done
Joan’s course has six modules with 42 targeted and totally jam-packed lessons.
Why am I recommending her course? Well, I’ve had my work edited by Joan and I learned so much from her, how could I not recommend her course? I know the quality of her work personally, which is why I’m also an affiliate for her course.
A few bonuses about her course:
- You can learn at your own pace.
- You’ll have lifetime access to the course content.
- Joan comments and interacts with students personally.
- There are audio, text and closed caption video options.
- You’ll get to interact with other students.
If you want to learn to self-edit, whether to save you some money on professional editing fees, to improve your work and your craft, Joan is a one of a kind teacher. I implore you to check her and her courses out.
BUT HURRY, HER COURSE IS ONLY OPEN FOR ANOTHER WEEK…