It’s launch day for my latest books The Anatomy of Prose: 12 Steps to Sensational Sentences Textbook and The Anatomy of Prose: 12 Steps to Sensational Sentences Workbook. If you haven’t already grabbed a copy, today is the day! If you want to write the best stories you can, if you want to polish your prose and deepen your characterization, this book will help. Find out more about the book in the video below.
There’s stacks happening to celebrate the launch. First up, I’ll be bringing you a super special launch post all about how to improve your prose later today. So stay tuned for that.
Then, this evening, I’ll be running a LIVE Q&A in my Facebook group Rebel Authors. If you’d like to join the festivities, or ask me anything about writing, publishing, marketing or the universe, hop over to the group. The show starts at 9pm BST, 1pm PST, 4pm EST, 6am Sydney, in my Facebook group here.
Find Out More About the Book
Do your sentences fail to sound the way you want? Are they lackluster, with flat characters and settings? Is your prose full of bad habits and crutches?
In The Anatomy of Prose, you’ll discover:
- A step-by-step guide to creating descriptions that sing
- The key to crafting character emotions that will hook a reader
- How to harness all five senses to make your stories come alive, deepening your reader’s experience
- Tips and tricks for balancing details at the sentence level
- Methods for strengthening each sentence through strategic word choice, rhythm and flow
- Dozens of literary devices, and how to utilize them to give your prose power
- Tactics for differentiating characters in dialogue as well as making it punchy and unforgettable
- A comprehensive prose-specific self-editing check list
- How to embody your character’s personality at the sentence level
- The most common pitfalls and mistakes to avoid
The Anatomy of Prose is a comprehensive writing guide that will help you create sensational sentences. Whether you’re just starting out or are a seasoned writer, this book will power up your prose, eliminate line-level distractions and help you find the perfect balance of show and tell. By the end of this book, you’ll know how to strengthen your sentences to give your story, prose and characters the extra sparkle they need to capture a reader’s heart.
If you like dark humor, learning through examples and want to create perfect prose, then you’ll love Sacha Black’s guide to crafting sensational sentences. Read The Anatomy of Prose today and start creating kick-ass stories.