Hello Rebels, welcome to episode 128 of The Rebel Author Podcast. Today, I’m talking to Mazey Eddings all about neurodiversity in fiction.
In this episode we cover:
- Finding the balance between realistic detail and info dumping
- Making mental health representation realistic
- Taking care of yourself when writing about difficult topics
- How to research mental health effectively
- Literary tricks to give depth to representation
This week’s question is: How comfortable are you writing about difference?
Recommendation of the week is: Girl from the Sea by Molly Knox Ostertag
***this show uses affiliate links
Links I mentioned are:
Birthday discount use code: BIRTHDAY35 valid until 13th March
VALID ON: ebooks, courses and audiobooks
Find out more about Mazey at:
Rebel of the Week is: Jeff
1 new patron this week, welcome and thank you to Lisa Fioresi. A big thank you to my existing patrons. If you’d like to support the show, and get early access to all the episodes as well as bonus content you can from as little as $2 a month by visiting: www.patreon.com/sachablack