- Publisher: Atlas Black Publishing
- Available in: ebook, paperback
- ISBN: 978-1913236038
- Published: May 29, 2020
Do your sentences fail to sound the way you want? Are they lackluster, with flat characters and settings? Is your prose full of bad habits and crutches?
The Anatomy of Prose: 12 Steps to Sensational Sentences, by Sacha Black, showed writers how to polish their prose to perfection in an easy and humorous, step-by-step guide.
This workbook puts those lessons to use by building on each chapter in The Anatomy of Prose, guiding you through the development of your sentence-level craft.
Inside the workbook you’ll find hundreds of thought provoking questions, exercises and creativity boosting prompts. This resource will help you:
- Create descriptions that sing
- Craft character emotions that will hook a reader
- Harness all five senses to make your stories come alive, deepening your reader’s experience
- Learn tips and tricks for balancing details at the sentence level
- Discover methods for strengthening each sentence through strategic word choice, rhythm and flow
- Implement dozens of literary devices, including how to utilize them to give your prose power
- Use tactics for differentiating characters in dialogue as well as making it punchy and unforgettable
- Self-edit through a comprehensive prose-specific self-editing check list
- Embody your character’s personality at the sentence level
- Avoid the most common pitfalls and mistakes at the sentence level
Read the The Anatomy of Prose Workbook today and start creating kick-ass sentences.