Hello Rebels, welcome to episode 76 of The Rebel Author Podcast. Today, I’m talking to Jane Friedman all about the business of being a writer.
In this episode we cover:
- Whether it’s still possible to make a career in 2021
- Core business principles a writer needs
- The mindset shifts a writer needs to make in order to turn their writing into a business
- Other ways a writer can make money with their words?
- Tips for running an author business
This week’s question is: What do you find most difficult about the business side of writing?
Recommendation of the week is: Nobody Wants to Read Your Sh*t: Why That is and What You Can Do About It by Steven Pressfield
**This podcast uses affiliate links
Links and events I mentioned are:
The Rebel Author Diaries Anthology Submissions are now open.
Find out more here.
Live Q&A with Mark Lefebvre on wide marketing:17th March 8:00pm GMT, 1pm PST, 4pm EST, 7am AEST
Find our more about Jane on:
Listener Rebel of the Week is: Val Neil
2 new patrons this week, a huge welcome and thank you to Jasmine Amaro and Giannin Viecili. And of course, a big to all my existing patrons. If you’d like to support the show, and get early access to all the episodes as well as bonus content you can from as little as $2 a month by visiting: www.patreon.com/sachablack
Find out more about ProWritingAid here.
DISCOUNT CODE: REBEL25