Hello Rebels, welcome to episode 83 of The Rebel Author Podcast. Today, I’m talking to David Gaughran all about how to start publishing from zero.
In this episode we cover:
- What are the key elements you need to take into account when starting from zero
- Most common indie publishing mistakes new writers make
- What business and platform basics do you need in place before you publish
- What marketing should a writer do when they only have one book
- How do you continue to get sales after launch?
This week’s question is: What worries you about starting from zero?
Recommendation of the week is: This is How You Lose the Time War by Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone
**This podcast uses affiliate links
This is a link explaining how the book was written: A Conversation with Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone
Links and events I mentioned:
The Rebel Author Diaries Anthology Submissions are now open.
Find out more here.
Connect with David Gaughran:
Rebel of the Week is: VAL NEIL
1 new patron this week, welcome and thank you to Jennifer Thompson. And of course, a big thank you to all my existing patrons. If you’d like to support the show, and get early access to all the episodes as well as bonus content you can from as little as $2 a month by visiting: www.patreon.com/sachablack
THIS EPISODE IS SPONSORED BY KOBO WRITING LIFE