Hello Rebels, welcome to episode 154 of The Rebel Author Podcast. Today, I’m talking to Tom Fowler all about how to write thrillers and mysteries.
In this episode we cover:
- What makes a good thriller
- How to market thrillers
- How to create pace and tension
- The voice of thrillers
- How to build an audience for thrillers
This week’s question is: What’s the best thriller you’ve ever read?
Recommendation of the week is: The Anatomy of a Best Seller by ME!
Reasons to Read The Anatomy of a Best Seller:
- If you want to understand what makes your favorite books so good, this book is for you.
- If you’d love to learn the tools that the best selling authors use in your genre, this is for you.
- If you want to understand how to “know your market” how to break down the tropes, tone, craft and marketing you need in order to succeed, this book is for you!
***this show uses affiliate links
Find out more about Tom on:
Rebel of the Week is: Holly Lyne
If you’d like to be a Rebel of the week please do send in your story, it can be any kind of rebellion. You can email your rebel story to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to Kimberly G for upping her pledge and welcome to new patron Vikki Turbine. A big thank you to my existing patrons as well. If you’d like to support the show, and get early access to all the episodes as well as bonus content you can from as little as $2 a month by visiting: www.patreon.com/sachablack
Get 20% off using this Rebel Discount link.