Hello Rebels, welcome to episode 225 of The Rebel Author Podcast. Today, I’m talking to Cara Clare all about writing why-choose romance.
In this episode we cover:
- What is the “why choose” genre
- Keeping characters unique in a large cast
- Writing interconnected romantic relationships
- Crafting hooks and marketing for reverse harem
- Tools and tricks for writing quickly
Prose in the Market Webinar Information:
I am running three session times to try and accommodate as many timezones as I can (more on this below).
“Writing to market” isn’t new. But when teachers talk about it they focus on understanding the market, advertising, brand and pitch. But what about the writing and craft of writing to market? If you’re tired of trying to work out how to deliver what readers want, then this is the workshop for you.
In this session, I’ll explain:
- How to deconstruct bestselling books and implement the tools you find
- An easy three step methodology for deconstruction
- Practical examples of deconstruction and implementation in your own work
- Why you’re not using copywriting enough
- How to intentionally slip TikTok-able/Marketable scenes into your novels that will hook readers
- The craft of tropes
- Live deconstruction using examples from those in the session.
You’ll also receive a workbook containing exercises for you to implement all the things you learn during the session.
Session Times and Dates
- Friday 9th Feb 2024 at 7pm BST (11am PST, 2pm EST, and 8am Sat 9th Auckland (DST NZDT) https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/770172856747?aff=oddtdtcreator
- Saturday 10th Feb 4pm BST (8am PST, 11am EST, 5am Sunday11th (DST NZDT) https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/770175976077?aff=oddtdtcreator
- Saturday 10th Feb 8pm BST (12pm PST, 3pm EST, 9am Sunday 11th (DST NZDT) https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/770177631027?aff=oddtdtcreator
Will this session be recorded? Will the recording be available for sale?
The session will be recorded. The recording will only be available to ticket-holders. I will not sell the recording. I am only doing these as live sessions. When I teach, I love to see everyone’s reactions and get audience participation. But depending on demand, I may run more of them in the future.
Rebel of the Week is: Jasmine Arch
If you’d like to be a Rebel of the week please do send in your story, it can be any kind of rebellion. You can email your rebel story to email@example.com
2 new patrons this week, welcome and thank you to Amber Mathias and TeeniJ. A big thank you to my existing patrons as well. If you’d like to support the show, and get early access to all the episodes as well as bonus content you can from as little as $2 a month by visiting: www.patreon.com/sachablack